Monday, March 3, 2008

Why It's a Secret

So here is the skinny on why I am not announcing my IVF cycle to the world, my friends and all my family:

We have only told immediate family about our upcoming IVF. Before we decided to keep our lips sealed we did share the news with a couple people. Unfortunately the responses we got were less than supportive. Even a couple close family members were less than thrilled. No one said anything outright but you could tell there was not 100% support.

My Mom (who is BEYOND supportive and thank God for that) suggested perhaps we not tell everyone how we get pg (if we do). She reminded me that it is no ones business but ours and Gods... and she is damn right. I don't need to hear peoples remarks or opinions. I don't need to be called selfish just because I am a good Mom and want more kids. I don't need to feel like I am doing something wrong.

So for now I will share this news with my friends from FF, my very closest family and friends and hopefully no one else. And if you find your way here by accident... SSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: